Monday 3 October 2011

40,000 injections later...

Did a big sum this morning, think I have had over 40,000 injections since I first started on  insulin in 1981 - 30 years ago today. If I keep this up for another 20 years I get a medal. They won't care if I have missed a few. I am not complaining  - I am ALIVE and I wouldn't be here without the work of Banting, Best Macleod and another Orcadian scientist who retired just before they announced the Nobel Prize for Insulin. Anyway I am happy to have insulin available until they can do the islets transplants (which have already cured one lady in Scotland) - just think,  if it becomes available before 2031 I won't get my medal, but then if I am sorted before then I can have a chocolate one instead - every cloud has a silver lining! No picture - sorry!

1 comment: