Saturday 29 October 2011

Busy, busy , busy

Sorry we have been quiet this month - it has been all go! We both managed to pass our exams, thanks in part to our neighbours who prayed for us. One of the down sides to passing an exam is you attempt to speak more Spanish when you really shoudn't! Howlers this month include " We used to live near the ice cream. " (North Pole)  Said Les at Church. "Personally, I don't like sex." (The Saxophone) Said Fiona in class - although to be fair she was merely mis-heard (el sexo - el saxo easily done). This was the day after telling a Columbian worker that she too was a mercenary (missionario).  And we wonder why we get funny looks. Conversation groups are going great though - thank goodness we can safely speak in English!

2 comments:

  1. And it still continues - I have just asked the pastors wife if she was a Kangaroo. If that was not bad enough I told my teacher I went every Sunday to the occult for two half hours. She didn't know how long "the occult" took and asked if we stopped for coffee? (Oh Lord, make my brain work better.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joy!! Couldn't stop laughing. I had a job with English and they asked why I didn't want to do French??!!!
    Keep them coming, we need something to cheer us up in these dull UK November days.
    John - Fareham

    ReplyDelete