Sunday 27 March 2011

At a market in Madrid

 A market in Madrid with such posh lentils - you have no idea! We wandered all afternoon and spent nothing (thankfully!) In Stromness the only lentils were Scott's red lentils but very similar to the ones we saw here front right!

 Then in the exotic fruit kisok there was... beetroot!!? Next to Guava, pomegranites and apricots it was unexpected. Donals always told us tomatoes were fruit, although he knew better than to put them in fruit salad, but beetroots? I think not.
My favourite stall was "The Home of Salt Fish"  I could have lived there except it was too late in the day and the fish was all gone - better luck next week! To cheer me up I was able to look at the new season's Spanish strawberries - yum some were the size of Emilie's hands and some were the size of her feet. As for the display of Gin bottles it put my minture gin bottle collection to shame - I mean theirs were full - mine are all empty. Funny that.

No comments:

Post a Comment