Sunday 17 August 2014

Appendix 2

Relax - I didn't have a second appendix I just had the wound re-opened - this time in Orkney and what a different experience, God Bless the NHS we say!!  This time despite 6 nationalities around the bed they all spoke English, explained everything, kept the screens closed, wore sterile gloves and were kind. Nobody told me to shut up when I yelped, and nobody came in selling rafle tickets while I was naked. All progress from my last experience.
I probably won't blog any more about this carry on as the wound will now take weeks to heal and you don't want to read about abscesses or pus. Just to say Orkney has fantastic health services, and we are so happy to be home. Mum's home cooking is just what the doctor ordered and he also reccomended Steak, Scallops and Guiness. Not difficult!

(This is an appendix - not a scallop!)

No comments:

Post a Comment